In 1962, as Peoria was expanding to the north, a group of developers took a small section of land in Richwoods Township, west of what is now University Street, and created two small sub-divisions.
These two sub-divisions would be called Willow Knolls Residents Recreation Association (WKRRA). Willow Knolls South would include Teton (1500 to the middle of the 1800 blocks), Hi-Wood, Lincolnwood, Redwood, Cottonwood, and Cedarwood. Willow Knolls North would include Willow Wood, Teakwood, and Pinewood.
The two sub-divisions would be divided by a small parcel of land which would be developed into a private park for the residents of WKRRA. The park is maintained solely by the resident members of the Association.
Located within a short distance of schools, churches, the post office, restaurants, and shopping, the residents of WKRRA find this an ideal neighborhood in the heart of Peoria. It’s a great place for raising a family or enjoying retirement.
P.O. Box 9643
Peoria, IL 61612-9643